Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 17, 2010

How can libraries use RSS or take advantage of this new technology?

How can libraries use RSS or take advantage of this new technology?



RSS feeds are fantastic! In my opinion, if libraries (including staff) are using RSS feeds correctly, it would have more advantages for libraries than disadvantages.

 RSS help libraries to:
  • Keep up to date with the latest news – library news, world news, Information Technology news, and so on
  • Keep up to date with other libraries, and what they are doing in the industry
  • Keep abreast with the latest technology – RSS feeds can be linked to new technology updates and computer websites
  • Promote services to their users 
  • Minimise searching for up-to-date information (So then, time is used efficiently – without any long searches for the correct information). “RSS allows users to create a list of those sources in an application that automatically retrieves updates, saving consider­able time and effort” (Educause, 2007)
  • Always stay connected to the “World Wide Web”
  • Network with other libraries e.g. to share what you see, read and learn
  • Safe money too (it is FREE)


Reference
Educause Learning. (2007). RSS. Retrieved October 17, 2010, from http://net.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/ELI7024.pdf

5 comments:

  1. RSS Feeds are saving me time as I no longer have to visit each website individually, it all comes to me in one place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lov e my RSS feeds - a quick flick through my Google Reader keeps me up-to-date with the latest trends and ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. RSS feeds are very useful with keeping up to date with everything! lizelle your blog is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inconceivably motivational to get some answers concerning some individual searching for after their fantasy and persuading the chance to be capable instead of taking after the standard way. I am basically perplexed by the way you without question out evading on each and every little detail. It really will be genuinely going to help me a heavenly offer. A commitment of thankfulness is all together to share your considerations so evidently.
    hot woman dating

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to voice my vitality for your thought offering sponsorship to those people that should have course on this vital matter.
    Transgender dating

    ReplyDelete