Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Web Communications 101: Ongoing Portfolio

Introduction: What's in a name?

  • Learned about the importance of a user name and namechk.com
  • e.g. twitter, blogger, wordpress, flickr, linkedin and friendfeed
  • Subscribe to a few of them - a bit tricky to get the same username for all (not possible...)
  • I have started to follow many students - we all in the same boat. (Very interesting names..)This was a fun experience!
  • Started to write my Portfolio today
Namechk is great!
http://namechk.com/
I have started with a Web Communication course and our lecturer provided this link in the notes. I would like to share this with you.

In my opinion, this is a very useful website.  You not only can check if you are a current user of some of these social communication tools, but you can also subscribe to a variety of web links.

It looks like Web communications are growing and growing by the minute... (I have to say a big thank you to Sky, as well as Namechk).

5 comments:

  1. That namechk site is great. Although the nickname I use all the time is taken by some sites that I have never been to, which means some sneak thief is also using my nickname. How dare they!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post I decided I best create a blog for my learning reflections also :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the studying Lizelle, you crazy thing you! (Seriously though.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michael, thank you I need it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lizelle,

    just checking out a few blogs for the ol' WEB101...your one is brilliant...clearly you've been an avid blogger waaaay before WEB101...i look forward to following your Blog :)

    Leah J

    ReplyDelete