Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Topic 3.1 - Your Digital Shadow

Digital Shadow....Where?

http://www.fotosearch.com/clip-art/shadows.html

Do you really know what is left behind of you in Cyberspace? Do you really care? All of a sudden these questions became very important to me. Because it is important to know what information about you can be retrieved by others (especially when you are not aware of it). In saying this, I think people would be surprised to learn what information can be traced without their knowledge. For example, the question was asked in our lecturer notes, 'Have you ever Googled yourself?' Why, I wonder? However, I tried it and was amazed at my findings.

You can also try to type your name in the following website BlindSearch to see what information is out there about yourself.

Another very interesting website, Spezify find all relevant information about you. You would also be surprised! This website upload images about you (if any) - traced on the Web. This might include images posted on Facebook and elsewhere. I must say, all these findings make you think twice about your web presence and what you post to the whole World Wide Web.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog design and think your blogs are very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JulCol, Thank you.I had a look at your Blog and it is very nicely presented! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete