Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Library Thing made easy

I must say I found the LibraryThing a bit hard - but I realised afterwards if you do it step-by-step then it makes more sense.  In my opinion, the best way to learn all the features is to play around. Sometimes you learn much easier and quicker if you figure it out yourself.  You are less likely to forget it then. Anyway, this is just my view. I also had a look at the Vimeo LibraryThing training demo video, it was also very helpful. Overall, the demo video was easy to understand and to follow.  I thought tags are very good - you can just press the link and this brings you to the required information - a very useful and fast way of retrieving your special or popular books. It was nice to be able to rate the books too - you tend to read popular books more than the low rated ones. Why I wonder?
Library Thing Training Demo from Felix Barba on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing such an excellent job with your blog. You are really in to it and not afraid to try the functions and gadgets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I missed the point with LibraryThing however, like you, I find it easier to play around with things to work out how to use them. Then read the instructions later to fill in any blanks :)

    ReplyDelete