Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Final cource blog

http://positivepsychologynews.com/news/aren-cohen/200812121313
Write a final blog post for the course, ruminating on your progress through the course. What parts were useful for you? Was there any of these services that you would encourage your library to use? Do you feel better informed? Were there any aspects of the course that didn't work for you?

Well, to be honest with you, this Web 2.0 training was very interesting and helpful. Not only did I enjoy creating my own blogs, but I found myself reading a lot of interesting information (maybe too much...). I think this training course should be made available across Australia. Then again, this would also benefit World Wide internet users. What I did find useful, was all the “...in plain English” YouTube videos. I have also enjoyed the interaction with fellow Bloggers. It is always nice to read about other people’s pondering and ideas.

Our library already uses Twitter, Facebook, Frickr and Blogs. It would be nice to see more Podcasting, Wikis and of cause Geocaching. The two main Web 2.0 technologies that stood out for me were Podcasting and Geocaching. I really enjoyed learning and exploring these technologies. I can see the benefits of Podcasting, especially book reviews, storytelling for children and senior users. For this reason, I also think our library users would thoroughly enjoy using them.

I must say, I am better informed and more confident in using the Web 2.0 technologies. Seeing that I have never created a Blog, this was an absolute worthwhile experience for me. I can now also encourage my family and friends to create a Blog.

There are no aspects of the course that I did not particularly enjoy. I enjoyed all the bits and pieces :) Mind you, if there was one slight issue, it would have to be the time factor. In my view, an hour per lesson/per week was probably not enough during work hours. I have found myself doing my blogging at home. It was more enjoyable and relaxing (than a busy working environment). In saying this, I would definitely encourage other people to participate in this course and create their own blogs. It is fun!!!

I would like to say a big thank you to the City of Swan Libraries and all the people involved in providing this training course. You were very helpful, especially Mel. Many thanks! Lizelle :)

3 comments:

  1. No worries Lizelle - I hope you keep blogging! I thoroughly enjoy your posts!!

    And please keep us all up-to-date with your geocaching adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi City of Swan,

    I had a look over the weekend. The spot I chose was very close to the Freeway. (My thought, why would you put it there?). Nevermind, had a look and unfortunately I could not find anything. Will have to look for another catch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lizelle, I've really enjoyed reading your blog, you've done a great job and clearly spent a lot of time on it. Thank you for reading and commenting on mine. Claire

    ReplyDelete