Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Geocaching Australia

Geocaching are going to be heaps of fun!
 
I have become a member of Geocaching Australia and Geocaching.com  and I am very enthusiastic to find as many caches as possible.  My first thought, where should I start looking...? Then, firstly, I had a look in my own suburb and surrounding areas. On the Geocaching website you just have to put in your area code to see what treasures are around you. I have found a few catches that look very intriguing.

Plan A: I got my GPS out, and tried to download all the software/plug ins for my GPS. Unfortunately, this did not work. Plan B: I had a look at the Waypoint (Geocaching Australia), which provided the location code. (This was very helpful). Plan C: I went to Google Maps on Geochaching - found the location: longitude and latitude. Plan D: Will check these catches out over the weekend. Plan E: Will have to borrow my friend's GPS.

In the mean while, I had a look at some of the other people's findings/catches - very interesting and some very scary!


No comments:

Post a Comment